Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our little sleeper


Last night, Caitlyn slept for (drumroll, please) 11 hours without waking up once! It actually scared me to death when I woke up suddenly and realized it had been 8 hours and I hadn't heard a sound from the baby monitor. I ran to check on her and there she was, sleeping peacefully on her back (she's started sleeping flat on her face sometimes lately, which is part of why I was so freaked out).

The secret, you ask? A few weeks ago we were chatting with a couple in our ward who are about our age and have a baby boy just a month older than Caitlyn. Quinn happened to ask how Daxton (their baby) was doing with sleeping. We were totally surprised when they replied that he's been sleeping 12 hours straight through the night since he was 4 months old! Then they told us about a book they were given called "Sleep Sense." They gave it to us and we read it on the way to Utah. It made so much sense! (no pun intended) So we started implementing the principles of healthy sleep and now, just a little over a week later, Caitlyn is sleeping peacefully through the night and enjoying two nice, refreshing naps during the day. She is so much happier, and it makes me SOOOOO happy to know that she is getting the sleep she needs!

p.s. Thanks so much Tara and Eric for the crib and bumpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment