Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes

This morning Caitlyn and Nathan woke up at 5:30am. (I know, for some of you that's not that early, but for us it's at least an hour too early.) Well, I don't actually know who woke up the other one, I heard Nathan crying and went in to find Caitlyn in his crib "comforting" him. Aaaand Caitlyn wasn't the least bit interested in going back to sleep which meant Nathan didn't get to either since I was trying to keep them in their bedroom so Quinn could keep sleeping and get a good night's rest before long day of work.
Unfortunately, I was a tad grumpy by the time Quinn came in and found us all at 6:45, and I couldn't manage to snap out of my grumpiness for a little while. Later this afternoon we pulled into the library parking lot. (p.s. Is anyone else in love with the library? It's one of our favorite outings and we never get tired of bringing home new children's books and kids DVDs.) Before I loaded everybody out I turned around in my seat to look at Caitlyn and said, "Caitlyn, I'm really sorry I was so grumpy earlier today." "I'll forgive you this time." she replied. "Thanks Cait, I'll try to do better ok?" Then she looked me square in the eye and said, "Mommy, Jesus will help you do better." Touched, I thanked her and told her I knew that was true. I told her I would be sure to pray and ask Him to help me. Sometimes I think...no, actually I pretty much always know which of the two of us is the wiser.

1 comment: