Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

BST Revisited

When Caitlyn was a baby I did a blog post with a video of her signing, here. I didn't think about it at the time, but since then I've realized that I should have given some credit where credit was due. I've just never gotten around to doing it. But now that Benjamin is starting to sign I've been thinking about it more and decided to sit myself down and do it this morning.
My friend Amy Thayer of Oh So Savvy Mom introduced us to Baby Signing Time when were in our first BYU married ward together before we even had kids. I made a mental note that as soon as we had kids I wanted to use these awesome videos to teach our babies to communicate early through signing.
My video of Cait was inspired by her video of her baby boy signing on her blog. Since then we've introduced the video to lots of our family members and friends and we've loved watching each of our kids experience the excitement of communicating with us at a very early age. Thanks Amy!
P.S. What's a blog post without a picture? Or two. Or maybe three.




P.P.S. We pulled up at the grocery store the other day the same time as "our" fire engine (the one the kids got to climb in last year and have lovingly claimed ever since.) One of the firemen saw the kids' excitement and was nice enough to wait for us to get out of the car and over to the engine and then let them climb around in it again. Pure happiness for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment