
On Friday Caitlyn and I drove downtown to meet Quinn for lunch (5 minutes to downtown when there's no traffic!!). He said there's a farmers market at a little plaza area downtown every Friday so we decided to go check it out. It was so fun! It was the kind of farmers market I was thinking the one we went to Thursday night at The Grove would be. In retrospect I think that one is a bit of a tourist trap. Anyway, the one on Friday had lots of little tent booths set up selling all kinds of fresh produce and hand-crafted jewelry and cool clothes...and lots of different kinds of food to eat! We walked all the way around before I decided on Greek food (I miss the Gyros we ate a lot while we were in Oxford and Germany).
One of the people at the booth was so nice. I must have looked distressed trying to decide between a Gyro or a platter because he came around the front and said, "I help you!" He recommended a platter because it's more food than just a Gyro. But then I couldn't decide between the veggie platter or the lamb kabob platter -- the veggie platter had lots of cool looking things on it, but I really love lamb kabob. He solved my problem by announcing that I would get the veggie platter AND lamb kabob for just price of the lamb kabob platter! So he made me a veggie platter and then piled lamb on it...and then threw on a couple of pitas! So nice!!

This picture is after I had already eaten half the food!It was so, so, so delicious! And it was only $9 -- much better than the $12.50 for a little Gyro at the other farmers market. It lasted me 3 meals!
Caitlyn had steamed broccoli and a variety of babyfood. Quinny had a PB and Honey sandwich on homemade wheatbread, watermelon, and mozz cheese slices. We never eat out, but when I do I always feel sad that Quinn can't eat with me. I told him I'm going to keep perfecting and expanding my corn-free culinary skills so he won't ever have to feel left out. He's such a champ! If I had his food allergy I'm sure I would feel sorry for myself all the time, but he is always so good-natured about being so limited. Man, I love that boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment